Our next meeting will be held on Thursday, June 9, 2022.
Normally, SILC meetings are held quarterly on the third Wednesday.
SILC works in conjunction with the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs). SILC members create goals and objectives for the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) based on what is needed, according to data from the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs) and other various resources. A new plan is written by SILC members every three (3) years, and members also must monitor its progress to ensure that the CILs are adhering to the outlined goals and objectives of the SPIL, as stated in Title VII of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The Centers are operated by people with disabilities as non-profits to provide numerous resources that assist individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community. There are nine (9) CILs in the state, who serve as a resource for people living with disabilities by providing five (5) core services of: information & referral, peer support, independent living skills training, advocacy, and transition.
SILC Meetings State Fiscal Year 2021-2022
- We will follow Governor Polis’ Safer at Home guidelines. We will hold our SILC meeting Hybrid (in person and by Zoom) unless we are not allowed to meet in person in which case we will just use Zoom.
- We ask unless you need an accomodation that you follow the Governor’s Boards and Commissions guidelines on wearing a mask and social distancing.
- Information about the next meeting is below.
- If you know you will be attending please email SILC Chairperson, Ty Smith, at email@example.com, and he will send out meeting materials. Otherwise, we will be utilizing share screen during the meeting.
- ASL interpreter and captioning will be provided. For other reasonable accommodation requests, please contact Ty Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org, (720) 258-5121 as soon as possible.
- Public Comment will be scheduled for 1 pm. You will have 3 minutes per person for Council Members to listen to your comments. Council Members are not able to comment or ask questions.
- To sign up for public comment please contact Ty Smith, at email@example.com
Next Meeting and Zoom Information
Our next SILC meeting will be: HYBRID
Our next meeting will be held Thursday, June 9, 2022, from 10 am to 4 pm.
- June 9, 2022 – Hybrid
- Agenda to come
In Person in Pueblo, Colorado at:
Center Toward Self-Reliance
901 West Street, Pueblo 81003
Phone Number: 719.546.1271
Or Join Online:
To join by Zoom https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85314426603
To join by One tap mobile +13462487799,,85314426603# US
Meet and Greet will be held Wednesday, June 8, 2022, from 5 pm – 7 pm.
Location To Be Determined, watch our website for updates.
- February 16, 2022 – via Zoom
- November 17, 2021 – via Zoom
- August 18, 2021 – via Zoom
- May 19, 2021 – via Zoom
- February 17, 2021 – via Zoom
- November 18, 2020 – via Zoom
- August 19, 2020 – via Zoom
- May 20, 2020 – via Zoom
- February 19, 2020 – Greeley
- November 20, 2019 – Colorado Springs
- August 21, 2019 – Grand Junction
- May 15, 2019 – Steamboat Springs
- February 20, 2019 – Fort Collins