Next SILC Meeting:
Wednesday, February 15, 2023 from 10 am to 3 pm (virtual).
It is open to the public and we encourage you to attend and invite potential members or community partners. This SILC Meeting is a virtual meeting. Join us via Zoom (link opens in new window): https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88138922587 or or One Tap Mobile +17193594580,,88138922587# US
See below for more information.
SILC meetings are held quarterly on the third Wednesday.
SILC works in conjunction with the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs). SILC members create goals and objectives for the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) based on what is needed, according to data from the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs) and other various resources. A new plan is written by SILC members every three (3) years, and members also must monitor its progress to ensure that the CILs are adhering to the outlined goals and objectives of the SPIL, as stated in Title VII of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The Centers are operated by people with disabilities as non-profits to provide numerous resources that assist individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community. There are nine (9) CILs in the state, who serve as a resource for people living with disabilities by providing five (5) core services of: information & referral, peer support, independent living skills training, advocacy, and transition.
SILC Meetings State Fiscal Year 2021-2022
- We will follow Governor Polis’ Safer at Home guidelines. We will hold our SILC meeting Hybrid (in person and by Zoom) unless we are not allowed to meet in person in which case we will just use Zoom.
- We ask unless you need an accomodation that you follow the Governor’s Boards and Commissions guidelines on wearing a mask and social distancing.
- Information about the next meeting is below.
- If you know you will be attending please email SILC Chairperson, Ty Smith, at email@example.com, and he will send out meeting materials. Otherwise, we will be utilizing share screen during the meeting.
- ASL interpreter and captioning will be provided. For other reasonable accommodation requests, please contact Ty Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org, (720) 258-5121 as soon as possible.
- Public Comment will be scheduled for 1 pm. You will have 3 minutes per person for Council Members to listen to your comments. Council Members are not able to comment or ask questions.
- To sign up for public comment please contact Ty Smith, at email@example.com
Next Meeting and Zoom Information
Our next SILC meeting will be: VIRTUAL via Zoom
Our next meeting will be held Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 10 am to 3 pm.
- February 15, 2023 – Virtual
To join by Zoom https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88138922587
Meeting ID: 881 3892 2587
To join by One Tap Mobile +17193594580,,88138922587# US
- November 16, 2022 – Virtual
- August 17, 2022 – Hybrid
- June 9, 2022 – Hybrid
- February 16, 2022 – via Zoom
- November 17, 2021 – via Zoom
- August 18, 2021 – via Zoom
- May 19, 2021 – via Zoom
- February 17, 2021 – via Zoom