SILC meetings are held quarterly on the third Wednesday.
SILC works in conjunction with the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs). SILC members create goals and objectives for the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) based on what is needed, according to data from the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs) and other various resources. A new plan is written by SILC members every three (3) years, and members also must monitor its progress to ensure that the CILs are adhering to the outlined goals and objectives of the SPIL, as stated in Title VII of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The Centers are operated by people with disabilities as non-profits to provide numerous resources that assist individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community. There are nine (9) CILs in the state, who serve as a resource for people living with disabilities by providing five (5) core services of: information & referral, peer support, independent living skills training, advocacy, and transition.
SILC Meetings State Fiscal Year 2020-2021
- Due to COVID and Governor Polis’ Safer at Home guidelines, we will hold our SILC meeting virtually.
- Information about the next meeting is below.
- If you know you will be attending please email SILC Chairperson, Joan LaBelle, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will send out meeting materials. Otherwise, we will be utilizing share screen during the meeting.
- ASL interpreter and captioning will be provided. For other reasonable accommodation requests, please contact Joan LaBelle at email@example.com, (970) 939-0215 as soon as possible.
- Public Comment will be scheduled for 1pm. You will have 3 minutes per person for Council Members to listen to your comments. Council Members are not able to comment or ask questions.
- To sign up for public comment please contact Joan LaBelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom Meeting Sign In Information
Our next SILC meeting will be:
Wednesday, August 18, 2021 via zoom from 10am to 3pm with public comment at 1pm
The meeting will be via zoom: https://zoom.us/j/93654897542
To join by phone: 1 901-249-1322 (PIN: 588456326)
- August 18, 2021 – via Zoom
- Agenda to come
- May 19, 2021 – via Zoom
- Agenda to come
- February 17, 2021 – via Zoom
- November 18, 2020 – via Zoom
- August 19, 2020 – via Zoom
- May 20, 2020 – via Zoom
- February 19, 2020 – Greeley
- November 20, 2019 – Colorado Springs
- August 21, 2019 – Grand Junction
- May 15, 2019 – Steamboat Springs
- February 20, 2019 – Fort Collins