SILC Quarterly Meeting
Download information about this meeting here: Meeting-Announcement-to-Public-Nov-2023.pdf
Our next SILC meeting will be: VIRTUAL (ONLINE ONLY)
Wednesday, November 15th, 2023, from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Mountain Time
Download the Agenda: Agenda-SILC-Nov-15-2023.pdf
Join In Person:
There is no in-person option for this meeting.
To join by Zoom (link opens in new window):
Visit our YouTube Channel for past meetings.
SILC meetings are held quarterly on the third Wednesday.
SILC works in conjunction with the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs). SILC members create goals and objectives for the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) based on what is needed, according to data from the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs) and other various resources. A new plan is written by SILC members every three (3) years, and members also must monitor its progress to ensure that the CILs are adhering to the outlined goals and objectives of the SPIL, as stated in Title VII of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The Centers are operated by people with disabilities as non-profits to provide numerous resources that assist individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community. There are nine (9) CILs in the state, who serve as a resource for people living with disabilities by providing five (5) core services of: information & referral, peer support, independent living skills training, advocacy, and transition.
- We will follow Governor Polis’ Safer at Home guidelines. We will hold our SILC meeting Hybrid (in person and by Zoom) unless we are not allowed to meet in person in which case we will just use Zoom.
- We ask unless you need an accomodation that you follow the Governor’s Boards and Commissions guidelines on wearing a mask and social distancing.
- Information about the next meeting is below.
- If you know you will be attending please email SILC at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will send out meeting materials. Otherwise, we will be utilizing share screen during the meeting.
- ASL interpreter and captioning will be provided. For other reasonable accommodation requests, please contact email SILC at email@example.com or call 303-902-5897 as soon as possible.
- Public Comment will be scheduled for 1 pm. You will have 3 minutes per person for Council Members to listen to your comments. Council Members are not able to comment or ask questions.
- To sign up for public comment please email SILC at firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 16, 2023 – Hybrid
- May 17, 2023 – Hybrid
- November 16, 2022 – Virtual
- August 17, 2022 – Hybrid
- June 9, 2022 – Hybrid
- February 16, 2022 – via Zoom
- November 17, 2021 – via Zoom
- August 18, 2021 – via Zoom
- May 19, 2021 – via Zoom
- February 17, 2021 – via Zoom