SILC meetings are usually held on the third Wednesday every other month.
Upcoming Open Meetings for 2017-2018
- February 2018 – Boulder
- May 2018 – mountain town
The meeting begins at 9:00 AM. For anyone who wants to provide input to SILC, there is a Public Comment portion of the meeting from 1:00 – 1:20 PM. Sign language interpreters will be available. Visitors needing additional accommodations should contact the SILC Coordinator by E-mailing Coordinator@ColoradoSILC.org or calling (303) 902-5897 at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting. SILC also accepts written comments relevant to Colorado independent living services. These may be delivered at the meeting or E-mailed to Coordinator@ColoradoSILC.org.
SILC works in conjunction with the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs). SILC members create goals and objectives for the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) based on what is needed, according to data from the Colorado’s Centers for Independent Living (Colorado’s CILs) and other various resources. A new plan is written by SILC members every three (3) years, and members also must monitor its progress to ensure that the CILs are adhering to the outlined goals and objectives of the SPIL, as stated in Title VII of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The Centers are operated by people with disabilities as non-profits to provide numerous resources that assist individuals with disabilities to live independently in the community. There are nine (9) CILs in the state, who serve as a resource for people living with disabilities by providing five (5) core services of: information & referral, peer support, independent living skills training, advocacy, and transition.
During the Public Comment portion of each meeting, people may sign up to speak for 3-5 minutes. An ASL interpreter will be available. You may also pre-arrange to phone or send/E-mail in your comments. If you would like to call in or E-mail your comments during Public Comment period (typically from 1:00-1:20) at a full SILC meeting, please contact the SILC Coordinator five (5) business days before the date of the meeting.
For other disability-related accommodations at one of our full SILC meetings, please contact the SILC Coordinator at least a week (7 days) in advance by E-mail to: Coordinator@ColoradoSILC.org, or call (303) 902-5897 to request your accommodation.
Meetings from 2016-2017
- July 20, 2016 – Cripple Creek
- September 21, 2016 – Silverthorne
- November 16, 2016 – Sterling
- January 25, 2017 – Pueblo
- March 15, 2017 – Loveland
- May 17, 2017 – Towaoc
Meetings from 2015-2016
- May 4, 2016 – Grand Junction – View the Agenda View the Minutes View the Minutes – large print
- March 16, 2016 – Boulder – View the Agenda View the Minutes
- January 27, 2016 – Denver – View the Agenda View the Minutes
- November 18, 2015 – Denver – View the Agenda View the Minutes
- August 19, 2015 – Denver – View the Agenda View the Minutes
Minutes and Agendas from 2014 — 2015
- September 17, 2014 – Greeley – Agenda – Minutes
- November 19, 2014 – Englewood (Denver Metro) – Agenda – Minutes
- January 21, 2015 – Pueblo – Agenda – Corrected Minutes
- March 18, 2015 – Fort Collins – Agenda – Minutes
- May 20, 2015 – Durango – Agenda – Corrected Minutes
- June 18, 2015 (Annual Retreat) – Denver – Agenda – June 18, 2015 Retreat in Denver – approved with correction